I’m 5’5″, 45 years old and work in California. I’ve been overweight all of my adult life and I’ve decided to change that.
“Live Healthy or Die Fat”
This isn’t a diet, this is a lifestyle change. And it’s about making food and health a priority instead of an afterthought.
•Low carb, high fat (Keto). Keep your carbs down (I aim for 40g net max, 25g or less goal), Eat protein based on your lean body mass (0.8g protein / lb of lean body mass), then eat fat to fullness. If you’re not hungry, stop eating. I don’t care if you’re not at your macro percent and still have calories left for the day, just stop.
•Eating proper portion sizes. If it’s 3 hours after your last meal and you’re not hungry, that means your last meal was too big. Eat less.
•Avoiding all over-processed and refined foods (especially sugar, white rice, and white flour)
•Avoiding trans fat, instead consume healthy fats
•Eliminate soda and other sugary juices and drinks
•Avoiding high-calorie, zero nutrient foods (i.e., junk food)
•Drinking at least 8 cups of water every day
•Incorporate intermittent fasting as it make sense on a somewhat random schedule
August 1, 2010 – 318.0 lbs (clean eating)(lost 51 lbs before starting to regain)(stressors + got pregnant)
November 13, 2013 – 345.2 (post-baby weight)(lost 62.8 lbs before starting to regain)(moved twice, Laurel’d, reigned as Princess of Cynagua)
February 20, 2017 – 315.0 lbs (started keto)
Final Goal Weight:
Whenever it’s right – about 136 lbs
I’d like to wear a size 8 in women’s clothing.
- February 20, 2017, 315.0 Size 28 pants.
- September 2, 2010 (and again several other times). 299.0 Entered Twotterville.
- May 1, 2017 (again) 297.0 Moved from “Super Morbidly Obese” to merely “Morbidly Obese” (BMI 40-50)
- July 1, 2017 280.0 My actual weight finally matches my liar-liar weight on my drivers license.
- August 11, 2017 (again) 272 Double eventual goal (136×2).
- August 28, 2017 264.3 Dropped a bra band and cup size. Now 40DDD (from 42G).
- September 25, 2017 260.1 Dropped to a size 24 pants.
- 250 My round number goal that I’ve been trying to hit since 2010.
- 238 One and three quarters times eventual goal (136*1.75)
- 237 Move from Morbidly Obese to Severely Obese (BMI 35-40)
- 207 Move from Severely Obese to merely Obese (BMI 30-35)
- 204 One and a half times eventual goal (136*1.5).
- 200 My round number goal that I’ve set with non-food reward of spider vein surgery.
- 199 Enter One-derland.
- 177 Move from Obese to merely Overweight (BMI 25-30)
- 170 One and a quarter times eventual goal (136*1.25)
- 153 Move from Overweight to “Ideal” (BMI 19-25)
- 150 My round number goal that I’ve set with non-food reward of eye surgery.
- Cross my legs at the knee
- See my collar bones without shrugging
- Top belly fat roll gone
- Able to buy “cute” bras
- Size 22 pants
- Size 20 pants
- Size 18 pants
- Size 16 pants
- Size 14 pants
- Size 12 pants
- Size 10 pants
- Size 8 pants
- Able to run 5 minutes without stopping
- Able to run 10 minutes without stopping
- Able to run 15 minutes without stopping
- Able to run 30 minutes without stopping